- Post by: William McMahon
- 19 March, 2019
Head of Solution Architecture – Marketing Automation
Our Marketing Automation Team is expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are go-getters, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture. We work with some of the largest global brands on exciting and innovative projects with Customer Satisfaction at the forefront of our delivery.
We are seeking an engaging, experienced Solution Architect to design and architect the number of cross-platform Marketing Automation projects. This role extends to projects of all sizes and as part of your role as Solution Architect, you will take responsibility for consulting with our clients on project requirements and designing innovative solutions that drive value in Marketing Automation.
It is essential that you have a proven track record of successful project and programme delivery and without question have demonstrable experience and qualification in designing the implementation of large scale Marketing Automation Platforms.
Your role will support the sales bid and tender processes so pre-sales experience would be beneficial. In addition to your architectural responsibilities, you will own the end-to-end delivery by overseeing the Development Team’s quality and delivery of your solutions.
We are looking for someone that has played a definite part in the corporate world who delivers to the standards set by professional services organisations and is now looking for a different challenge.
It is truly an exciting time to join a business with performance incentives in place. This position offers the opportunity to play a key role in a growth journey as the company expands due to continued successes.
Our team size is rapidly growing and we have our sights set on significant increases company turnover and plans to double the size of the existing team.
Based in our Hertfordshire offices in Potters Bar, with its legendary coffee machine and drinks bar, you’ll have a chance to work with some of the industries leading Marketing Cloud experts, and a variety of cross-vendor applications, as well as meeting with clients throughout Europe and beyond.
This is a permanent role, however, we encourage a fair work-life / family balance so we support agile ways of working that comprise of both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
A proven track record in the following areas of expertise (as a motivated business and technology leader):
The Solutions Architect will need to have senior client stakeholder management and be working closely with Client IT to design the end-to-end architecture of the Marketing Automation platforms to enable operational readiness.
Work alongside expert consultancies to implement Marketing Automation functionality.
Challenging people and teams to think differently about digital service delivery by advocating user-focused agile, iterative design
Assessing and analysing proposals during the programme and product inception phase and be involved in defining solution approaches
Manage the development teams to deliver full lifecycle implementations, with a focus on the technical delivery but awareness of other, business facing, delivery considerations
Lead the technology solution, planning, and estimation for complex projects
You will define and develop the Solution Architecture strategy and direction for the commercial functions whilst engaging with software vendors and partners to determine the solution roadmap.
– Solution Architecture and Design experience – strategic ownership and application architecture
– Line/Team management experience
– Exposure to Marketing Automation tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Selligent Oracle or any others)
– Proven digital delivery experience (scrum/delivery manager, user-centred solutions, digital service and product design, large scale technology and business models)
– Experience of designing and delivering business change and improvement programmes within large scale, transaction processing business or government environments
– Experience designing and implementing technology-enabled business solutions in client-facing and team leadership roles (e.g. technical lead, technical workstream lead, solution architect, project manager)
– Ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders at the highest level, being aware of motivational needs
– Experience working in Agile (SAFe) based methodology
– Highly organised and excellent attention to detail while adept at communicating with business, technical and user communities
Required/Desired (Preferable but with medium skill required)
– API Development & Integration Frameworks
Applications Experience (Beneficial but not required)
– Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
– SAP Hybris